Saturday 13 October 2007

Burdenlifter

Satan, our spiritual adversary, has a ministry. I think that it would be best described as a 'ministry of condemnation'. He seems to take pleasure in administering condemnation to us folk who just like to rest in the love and graciousness of God.

Jesus isn't out to condemn us. He's out to save us from ourselves, right? So, Jesus isn't about to condemn us for anything. In fact, it is written that all things become brand new in Christ. So, if everything is given over to him - all our stupidity, all our sin, all our failings, then they aren't ours anymore. That makes sense to me at the moment. However, Satan would have us believe that we can't give everything to Jesus, that we can't hand over our guilt, our mistakes, etc.

That would be old Satan, the liar, deceiver, destroyer. . .
So, I guess all that I am trying to say here is that it is true that 'all things are possible with God'. So, there is hope no matter how much we do what is wrong etc. It's not on us anymore. It's on Jesus Christ. We give it all to him, because we are hopeless in our own strength. And that encourages me when I realize this. It is too easy to forget and take on all the burdens that Jesus had taken for us. That's what His shed blood has done for us. . .

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with this! I think my only difficulty with accepting grace instead of condemnation every time I sin is the fear that I'll have a soft view of sin or I'll sin more. But we need to run to God. He is our source of Life and Godliness. He is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete